[Last Revised: April 25 ,2018]
Shamir Optical Industry Ltd., its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Shamir", "Company" “we” or "us") respects the privacy of the visitors and/or users (“User(s)” or “you”) of its website at www.shamir.com (including its subdomains) (collectively, the "Site") and is committed to protect the personal information that its Users share with it. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit and/or use our Site.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
a. Non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering into and/or using the Site and/or are accessing Shamir's Services and Products. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, User's 'click-stream' or searches on the Site, the period of time spent on certain pages, type and version of browser, keyboard language, screen resolution, number of pages visited by the User etc.
b. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
- Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address (through log files) mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location and security purposes as further detailed below.
- When opening an Account, you may be required to provide the following details: full name, e-mail address, phone number, company name and country location. Once your contact details are received by us, our representative may contact you to complete the registration process. Our representative may collect additional information from you.
- In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User when you use the Site (e.g. in the contact forms on the Site), when you contact us, or during the business cooperation.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed Personal Information so long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are a few methods that we use:
a. We collect information through your entry and use of the Site and/or Products and/or Services. In other words, when you are using the Site and/or Products and/or Services we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage.
b. We collect information which you decide to provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you contact us through the contact form or when you open an Account.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes (e.g. learning about general preferences and user trends) and for customization and improvement of our Site and/or Products and/or Services.
- Enhance the User's experience while using the Site and/or Products and/or Services.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Operate the Site.
- Provide and personalize our Products and/or Services to our Users.
- To encourage safe online experiences and enforce our policies
- Verify the Users' identity when signing in through their Account.
- Provide Users with updated information regarding our products and services.
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and support.
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User's computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site's Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
For avoidance of doubt, Shamir may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its discretion, including without limitation for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, development and improvement of our Site and/or the Products and/or Services.
In order to provide you with our Products and/or Services, including Products and/or Services that are customized and tailored to the needs of your customers and in order to constantly improve our Products and/or Services, we and our authorized third-party service providers and vendors may collect and process certain data related to your customers (the "End-Users" and the "End-User Data", respectively).
- Which information we may collect on End-Users?
End User Data consists of the following types of information:
- End-Users Non-personal Information: Non-personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual End-User. Non-personal Information is available to us when End-Users provide it to you for using the Products and/or Services. Non-personal Information which is being gathered may consist of technical information or aggregated information, and may contain, among other things: technical data, e.g. usage patterns and other statistical data, the time the End-Users were engaged with the products and services etc.
- End-Users Personal Information: We and our authorized third party vendors and service providers may collect the following Personal Information if you provide it to us: the End-User's IP address, Device ID, client catalogue key, eye-related medical history and prescriptions, geo-location (country, region, city), and/or other behavioral information related to a particular End-User. It should be noted, however, that such information is not used by us in order to personally identify a specific End-User but rather to provide you the Products and/or Services as set forth below.
- How Do We Collect End User Data? Our Users may collect End-User Data. To the extent they provide such data to us, we may store the information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
- What are the Purposes of the Collection of End-User Data? We and our authorized third vendors and service providers may use the End-User Data in order to provide you the Products and/or Services, i.e., for the purpose of customizing optical eye-care solutions for your End-Users. For example, we will process Personal Information provided by you, inter alia, in order to create a customer profile and to catalog End-User ophthalmological medical history, all in order to craft the Products and/or Services based on such End-User's information. In addition, we and our authorized third vendors and service providers may process End-User Data provided by you in order to (i) create statistics and other aggregate information and analysis with respect to your End User's engagement with you; (ii) use it for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, developing and improvement of our Products and/or Services; (iii) to determine the amounts to bid, pay or offer for optical molds and lens inventory; and/or (v) detect fraudulent activities that occur while your End Users are engaging with you.
- IT SHOULD BE NOTED, HOWEVER, THAT SUCH END USER DATA IS NOT USED BY US IN ORDER TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFY ANY SPECIFIC END-USER BUT RATHER FOR THE PURPOSES SET FORTH ABOVE.
- Sharing End User Data with Third Parties. In addition to the sharing of End Users Data in order to fulfill the purposes mentioned above, we may share your End User's Personal Information in the cases specified in Section 5 above.
- Deletion or Modification of End User Data. Since we have no direct relationship with your individual End-Users and we do not send communications to your End-Users, you hereby agree to handle all End-User's requests with respect to deletion and modifications of their information. End-Users who seek access to their Personal Information, or who wish to correct, amend, delete inaccurate information or withdraw consent for further use of their Personal Information should direct their request to you. If you are unable to handle such a request and only we possess the ability or power to solve your End-User's request or issue, please forward that request to us and provide us with the necessary instructions and we will use all reasonable efforts to solve the issue pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Unless you instruct us otherwise, we may retain your End-Users' Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws. Aggregated and/or anonymous data may remain on our servers indefinitely.
- Children/Minors End User Data. You agree that you will not collect End-User Data from Minors without due parental or legal guardian consent permitting such collection. The term "Minor" shall mean a Child as such term is defined under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and the rules promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) under that Act, including but not limited to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule 16 C.F.R. Part 312 (the "COPPA") or any other under-age individual as defined by applicable children protection legislation in any relevant jurisdiction. You will (i) obtain legal parental or legal guardian consent for the data collection from Minor End-Users as required by applicable law; (ii) make reasonable efforts to verify that a parent or guardian has provided such appropriate consent; (iii) to the extent required by applicable laws, implement reasonable commercial means for identifying Minors; all in order to enable Shamir to block collection of information from Minors. If you learn that any information transferred to us includes Personal Information collected from Minors, please inform us immediately and we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
7. Deletion or Modification of your Personal Information
In any event, if for any reason End-Users (or any person) wish to delete or modify Personal Information, you can do so within your Account. Otherwise, please send us an e-mail with adequate detail of your request to: email@example.com and we will exercise all reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified herein and/or unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Aggregated and/or anonymous information derived from your use of the Site or Services may remain on our servers indefinitely.
The Site is intended for Users over the age of eighteen (18). Shamir does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Site. If we learn that we collected Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact Shamir at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have reasons to suspect that Shamir collected Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) and will delete that information as quickly as possible. It is hereby clarified that the documents you provide us access to may include information regarding children under the age of thirteen (13) only in the event that the legal guardian of such child has agreed to such use, all as required under any applicable laws.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and/or Products and/or Services and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted with reputable cloud-hosting vendors which provide advanced security standards (both physical and logical). Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. SHAMIR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
10. Third Party Service Providers
11. Links to Third Party Websites
12. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
When you access or use the Site, we or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as "cookies" or other similar technologies which store certain information on your computer or device ("Cookies"), which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features and make your experience much more convenient and effortless. We or our authorized third party service providers may use both session cookies (which expire once you close the Site) and persistent cookies (which stay on your system until you delete them). It is easy to disable or delete Cookies. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer's hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you disable or erase cookies, your online experience may be limited. Cookies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc. Shamir does not control such third party service providers.
13. International Data Transfer
In order to provide the Site and our Products and/or Services, we may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service providers (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
15. Got any Questions?